A little bit about me

My name is Robert (Robbie) Grainger. I am a student at South Alabama majoring in Physical Education. I have wanted to be a teacher and a coach in the high school setting for as long as I can remember. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2011. I believe I will be a great teacher because I am extremely easy to get along with and have a great work ethic.

Creating a multicultural curriculum.

Creating a multieducational curriculum is something every teacher is told to emphasise in their teaching, but it could seem physical education would not need one as much as other classes. That is not the case. Physical Education teachers may have to look close, but there are ways to make their curriculum more multicultural.

For example, soccer is the national sport in pretty much every country other than the United States and Canada. If a teacher were to have a student from Mexico, or Europe than it would be wise for teachers to include soccer as one of the sports they teach their students.

Phyiscal Education teachers could also teach their students the history of their sports, and how people of color helped shape the way sports are played today. There are several ways a teacher could make their curriculum multicultural.